By protecting and improving our environment, the communities where we do business and the students we serve, Sodexo makes every day a better day and every tomorrow a better tomorrow.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need to purchase a meal plan?

All students living on campus are required to purchase a meal plan as a part of the room and board package. Off Campus students are invited to eat at any of the dining locations across campus- including Rimrock Café. Off Campus students can also purchase commuter block meal plan or add money to their U-Card for dining on campus.

Can I change my meal plan if it does not fit my needs?

Yes! You can change your meal plan if it does not fit your needs. Meal plans can be changed only through the 2nd Friday of each semester. Please note that meal plans can only be changed once per semester.

If I don’t eat my meals every week do they roll over from week to week?

Meals from the previous week do not roll over if you are on the 19, 14, 11, or 9 meals per week plan. The new week begins with breakfast on Monday. If you are on any of the block meal plans they do not expire at the end of the week.

May I bring a guest to meals using my meal plan?

Yes you may bring a guest down to eat in the Rimrock café. If you have a block meal plan you may use your meals to pay for a guest. If you live in the dorms you have a regular meal plan and in this case you may only use your meals for yourself. Note: There will be special opportunities for you to use your meals for a guest!

What are dining dollars?

Flex Dollars are cash values included in all meal plans. They work like a pre-paid debit card with funds kept on your U-Card. Flex Dollars may be used at any on-campus dining location including; LA Jazzman’s/ SubConnection, Stinger’s Bistro, City College Café, City College Coffee Shop, and Rimrock Café. Dining Dollars can only be used at our dining locations.

Can I purchase more if I run out and where do I purchase this?

Yes! You can add more money to your u-card that can be used in our dining locations. Contact the business office in the basement of the McMullen Building or go to Sub 225.

Do dining dollars carry over from Fall Semester to Spring Semester?

Dining Dollars do carry over from the Fall Semester to the spring semester. However you must use them prior to the end of the spring semester or you lose them. Note Dining dollars and U-card dollars are different. You may contact the Business Office or Sub 225 to find out the balance of each on your card.

If I am not a resident in the dining halls can I purchase a meal plan?

Yes! You can purchase one of our block meal plans, Platinum or Nickel which have meals that do not expire weekly.  Another option is to add money to your U-Card for the purpose of dining at any of our  locations. You can purchase meal plans and add U-card money to your card at the business office in the basement of McMullen or Sub 225.

What is the Cinch Program?

The Cinch program is a discount program that we offer on campus as way to encourage people to eat in the Rimrock café. When you first sign up you will fill out a card that the cashier will keep. You get 50 % your meal when you initially sign up for the Cinch program. You will also receive a punch card that will offer buy 3 at regular price, get the 4th for free. Once this card is complete you will then receive a 20% discount key chain that can be used anytime you each in the Rimrock Café. Note: This keychain may only be used for you to receive a discount. If you have any questions about this program please speak with a manager.

In This Section
Important Info

Dietary Needs

Do you have particular dietary needs? No problem! Our Campus Dining Services Program can accommodate your special dietary requirements. For more information, please contact your dining services manager at 406.657.2382 or e-mail.

Lost or Stolen Meal Cards

Lost or stolen Meal Cards can be replaced. Should this happen to you, please see Business Operations upstairs in the SUB

Seconds Policy

You never have to be too shy to ask for seconds with our Campus Dining Program. Our generous policy allows for a second helping of many menu favorites. All you have to do is ask!

Door Prices


Montana State University Billings | Dining Services | 1500 University Drive | Billings, MT 59101 | tel. (406) 657-2382 | Contact Us